Amazon Seller Identity Verification and Its Process
What is Amazon Seller Identity Verification?
New sellers who wish to trade on the Amazon store in the USA, Canada, and Mexico have to go through a seller identification verification process called the Amazon Seller Identity Verification. The process requires sellers to submit relevant documents and a seller identification video because Amazon uses facial recognition of sellers as part of its security.
Sellers who proceed with the submission of the verification are allowed to start listing items on their marketplaces, but listings will only be visible once the process is complete and they are verified.
Required Documents for Verification
1. National Identification Card
- Must be currently valid.
- Information on the ID card must match that of your Amazon account.
- A scanned copy o f the ID card must be submitted.
- The languages that can be processed by Amazon are Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish. If card is in any other language, it must come with a notarized translation in one of these languages, or a copy of your passport.
2. Credit Card Statements, Bank Statements, etc.
- Statements must have been issued within 90 days.
- Transactions can be blacked out if necessary, but documents must otherwise remain untempered with and other information must be clearly visible.
- Similar to the ID card, languages that are not either Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish must be translated.
The documents required may differ slightly based on the origin country of the seller. To read the full list of required documents in detail, you can check out Amazon’s Guide.
Before you begin the verification process, you first need to create an account on Amazon Seller Central. Once you have registered your account, you can then proceed with these 3 simple steps:
1. Visit the Seller Identity Verification page.
2. Select the country of business origin.
3. Fill up the form and submit. Remember that the information provided cannot be changed or undone.
Typically it takes Amazon around three days to verify the information, upon which an email will be sent to the seller to notify them of the verification results.
**IMPORTANT NOTE** : Make sure the information provided during the verification process is true, accurate, and meet all criteria. Amazon does not take lightly to lazy mistakes and will reject your approval request. Submissions that are rejected are final and no appeal is allowed. Sellers that have been rejected also cannot reapply.
Here is the link to Amazon Seller Identity Verification Guide again. Be sure to go through the details thoroughly to avoid any potential issues.
Start exporting for FREE*!
Start selling on eBay and Amazon the right way. No product? No guidance? No expertise? No idea where to start?? NO PROBLEM! All these and more covered in our Kickstarter Programme that is fully supported and reimbursable by MATRADE. Check it out here.
Everpeaks is the first eBay Channel Partner in Malaysia, and the first company to be added to the Amazon Service Provider Network (SPN) in Southeast Asia. As an enabler and expert in generating brand sales globally, Everpeaks strives to share their expertise on export ecommerce with business owners nationwide. With a breakthrough in ecommerce methodology and the support of MATRADE, Everpeaks has driven sales growth for numerous local brands in the global market on the world's biggest marketplaces, namely Amazon and eBay.
Need to talk ecommerce growth? We speak the language. Visit: www.everpeaks.com or find us on facebook @ www.facebook.com/Everpeaks.